Wearable technology is the future of 2020 and the years to come. Wearable technology, fashion technology, wearables, or fashion electronics are smart electronic devices (electronic devices with micro-controllers) that can be inserted or attachments into clothing or worn on the body as implants or accessories.
Wearable devices such as activity trackers are an example of the Internet of Things since “things” such as electronics, software, sensors, and networking are effectors that allow objects to share data with a manufacturer, user, and/or other connected devices over the internet, without requiring human intervention.
Wearable technology has a variety of applications that evolve with the growing field itself. With the popularisation of the smartwatch and fitness tracker, it features prominently in consumer electronics. In addition to commercial uses, wearable technology is included in navigation systems and healthcare.
Wearable technology also helps to monitor the wellbeing of an individual. Because such a device is in close contact with the user, it can collect data quickly. Wearables can be used to gather data about the health of a consumer including:
- Heart rate
- Calories burned
- Steps walked
- Blood pressure
- Release of certain biochemicals
- Time spent exercising
- physical strain
Few of the wearables to be checked for in the year 2020,
Apple Watch Series 4 & 5
The Apple Watch is bigger-screened, faster and some main health updates are being made. This watch has a display that never sleeps. You’ll always see the time and the face of your watch with the new Always-On Retina display. The distinctions between the Apple Watch Series 4 and Series 5 are the latest ever-on display, an integrated compass, battery life and new options for ceramic and titanium materials.
- Warn you of loud noise to protect against hearing damage. Most of the time, people only seek care for hearing loss after it’s too late.
- Track your menstrual cycle.
- Detect falls and call for help.
- Alert you if you have an abnormal heart rhythm.
- Detect high and low heart rate.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
Galaxy Watch Active has a discreet, lightweight design that helps you to comfortably fast-track your way toward the finish line. It also features a number of trendy straps to suit most occasions. Its ‘Daily Activity’ helps you to meet your daily fitness goals by being active, exercising, and sitting less. Galaxy Watch Active uses dedicated motion sensors to monitor seven types of activity, thereby allowing you to concentrate on enjoying your fitness. Galaxy Watch Active comes with an integrated heart rate monitor which sends instant alerts when detecting an abnormal heart rate. It can also read detect stress levels, and you can take Breath Session to get you back in balance.
- Sleek Sporty Design in 4 Premium finishes.
- Full Colour Super AMOLED with Always On Watchfaces.
- 24/7 Activity Tracking – 4 stage Sleep, Activity with continuous Heart Rate Monitoring.
Fitbit Versa Smartwatch is a smart and fashionable watch. It will keep a tab on both your fitness goals and your style quotient. This smartwatch will help you lead a fit and active lifestyle with a truckload of amazing features such as automatic activity and sleep tracking, water-resistance and excessive modes.
- Personalized On-screen workouts.
- With Cardio Fitness Score. get a better understanding of your fitness level and improvement areas.
- Heart Rate tracking, Sleep monitoring and all-day activity tracking with 15+ exercise modes.
- Swimproof – Water resistant upto 50m.
- 4+ days of battery life.
- Connected GPS to track your runs.
- Music experience – Store 300+ songs.
- Fitness & Outdoor.
Huami Amazfit Bip Lite Smartwatch is here to make sure you’re kept fit and active. This includes a daily count of steps, distance tracking, calories burnt, and so on to make sure you remain inspired to exercise more. Due to its transflective, always-on display, you will enjoy using it in the bright outdoors without losing readability. It also shows alerts from your phone, So you’ll be able to view crucial calendar updates, texts and emails so that you stay aware.
The Amazfit Bip features an astonishing 30+ days of battery life on a single charge, a reflective always-on color touch display, GPS, barometer, geomagnetic sensor, PPG heart rate sensor, 3-axis accelerometer for activity, sports and sleep tracking while weighing only 1.1 ounces (31 grams). Amazfit Bip comes in 4 vibrant color options and you can track your runs (indoor and outdoor), cycling and other sports with detailed GPS routes and stats.
- Record-breaking battery life: Up to 30 days with regular use and up to 45 days with minimal notifications.
- Super lightweight: Comfortable to wear every day, as well as for sports and sleep tracking.
- Notifications: Receive notifications for calls, messages, emails, and other apps on the color touch display.
- Multisport tracking: Track your runs, cycling and more with mapped routes, detailed stats, and heart rate zones.
- Latest technology: GPS, 3-axis accelerometer, optical heart rate sensor, barometer, and compass.
Wearables promise to change the way we receive, use and share data. The wearable revolution often challenges long-established patterns of how we use data in our daily lives and social interactions. It’s much more personalised.