If you’re running a website, especially if you’re using WordPress as a CMS and are searching for progress in the online world, you need to be actively looking for a comparative indicator of where your company stands. Access to reliable data is key to knowing what working best on your website, so that you can start taking steps to ensure your online success. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best WordPress analytics plugins to help you out.
Why do you need the WordPress Analytics Plugins?
WordPress as a CMS does not grant you access to any valuable data measure that you can use to determine how the site works. It leaves you uncertain as to which content is pulling in traffic to the website and which content is rising the average bounce rate. And if you want to make it more success, you have to increase your level of perfection & engagement. You need to track and lower down the bounce rates for your website. This would only be possible if you have access to other metrics that offer you a detailed view of the stats, figures and details analysis for your website. Luckily, the WordPress CMS holds thousands of these awesome plugins, most of which are free to use and gain access for detail analysis.
Now, it goes without saying that getting web analytics plugins installed on your site is a must. But which plugin to choose because there are too many of them. That’s why we’ve covered some of the most popular plugins in this category so that you can find the right one unique to your needs.
And so, without further delay, here is our list of the 5 Best Website Analytics Plugins To Gather Information & Insights:
The Google Analytics Dashboard for WP used to be called GADWP. ExactMetrics is one of the most popular web analytics plugins with over 1 million active installs. It’s a WordPress advanced google analytics plugin that’s easy and reliable. Once installed on the WordPress platform, the plugin will start analyzing the data using the latest Google Analytics code, allowing you access to the most reliable Google Analytics statistics.
- Google Analytics reports right inside your WordPress dashboard with actionable insights.
- Most Accurate Tracking with Real-time stats straight on your dashboard interface.
- Detailed reports on sessions, organic searches, page views, bounce rates, traffic channels, social networks, devices, and so on.
- Option to use Google Tag Manager to track and analyze your website performance.
- Installs the latest Google Analytics code straight on your WordPress website.
- Get detailed insights for each post, page, and products, so you can see the most popular areas and sections of your site.
- The tracking code can be customized using options and hooks.
2. WP Statistics
WP Statistics enables you to obtain, analyze and collect data about people visiting your website using good interface charts and graphic. It provides you access to information regarding referral websites, user IP, browsers, search engines they use, their device OS, and more. Best of all, all of these statistics are available on your website.
- Visitor Data Records including IP, Referring Site, Browser, Search Engine, OS, Country and City.
- All data represented using stunning graphics and visual statistics.
- The number of visitors coming from each Search Engine.
- Shows Stats on contents based on categories, tags, and writers.
- Data can be export in TSV, XML, and CSV formats.
- Support for real-time stats. (premium)
3. GA Google Analytics
GA Google Analytics will help you embed the Google Analytics tracking code on any every page on the WordPress site. In fact, the plugin also enables universal analytics or analytics.js and the Google site tag. This would allow you to get actionable information about users coming to your website, so that you can modify your content as well as marketing accordingly.
- Regularly updated with the latest version of the tracking code.
- The tracking code can be customized as per your requirements.
- Includes tracking code in all webpages on the header as well as the footer.
- Option to run multiple tracking codes. (premium)
- Option to add your own custom markup.
- Visitor opt-out box. (premium)
- Live preview of all your tracking codes. (premium)
Unlike the other plugins we’ve used, Analytify also eliminates the need to manually link the Google Analytics tracking code to your site. All you need to do is install the plugin and authenticate it with a single click to add the code automatically. This is a relief for those of you who are reluctant to add a code to your WordPress site. Without any coding experience, even a simple copy and paste can be a little intimidating. This plugin has a premium version, which is more easy to install, and shows Real-Time Stats, Campaign Stats, ShortCodes, Front-end Stats and more reports in backend and front-end. Also premium version has better e-commerce tracking.
- Really easy to install. 1-Click the Authentication process and add the Google Analytics Tracking Code to the website. You don’t need to copy any code manually.
- Google Analytics Google Analytics Stats (General) under the single posts/pages as a block in wp-admin.
- Provide general statistics like Sessions, Users, Bounce rate, Average time on site, Average pages, pageviews, New/Returning Visitors.
- Enhanced ecommerce Google Analytics Tracking Add-ons for WooCommerce & Easy Digital Downloads are available(Premium).
MonsterInsights shows you the stats that matter, MonsterInsights is the most common Google Analytics plugin for WordPress with over 2 million active installs. Like other Google Analytics plugins, MonsterInsights helps you to unlock all advanced Google Analytics tracking features with only a few clicks. The best thing is that MonsterInsights comes with a WordPress Google Analytics Dashboard that gives you actionable analytics reports right inside your WordPress dashboard. They’ve developed custom reports that remove the fluff and only show you the stats that matter, and you can see exactly what’s working and what’s not!
- Audience Report helps you get to know your visitors in a whole new way. It shows you detailed insights like which country your visitors are coming from, what are they most interested in, which device are they using, their age, gender, and a whole lot more. You can use this demographics report and audience clues to tweak your website design and content accordingly.
- Behavior Report shows you exactly how people find your website, which keywords did they search for, who referred them, what did they click on your site, and more. You can use these useful stats to identify low-hanging fruits, new partnership opportunities, and promotional areas to focus on.
- Content Report shows you stats on exactly which content gets the most visits, so you can stop guessing and start creating content that gets more traffic and conversion.
- Ecommerce Report shows you important store stats like total revenue, conversion rate, average order value, top referral sources, and more (all in one place).
Every website can benefit from Google Analytics. (You’ve already installed, right? If not, do it now. Right now. Go. Install it now.)